Sports First Aid & CPR Course
This course is designed to meet the needs of sports trainers, coaches and physical educators. This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to manage sports injury emergencies.
- Course introduction
- Definition of Sports First Aid
- Sports specific injuries
- Sports injury prevention
- Emergency scene management
- Communicable diseases & barrier devices
- Primary assessment (ABC’S)
- Respiratory distress
- Respiratory arrest
- Airway obstruction (conscious & unconscious)
- Risk factors for cardiovascular diseases
- Angina & heart attack, stroke
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- One and two-rescuer adult CPR
- Introduction to defibrillation
- Loss of consciousness
- Wounds & bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Basic sports tapping
- Sprains & strains injuries
- Dislocations injuries
- Fractures & crush injuries
- Head & spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Pelvic and genital injuries
- Allergic reactions (Anaphylaxis)
- Diabetic emergencies
- Seizures & epilepsy
- Environmental related injuries
- Injured player positioning & moving techniques
- Injured player evacuation
- Orientation to sports first aid kits & 2-way radio
- Written exam
- Course evaluation
Contact Us on course outlines and details.
Also check our other courses here.
Join Our Courses Today.
Contact us for more information on our courses.
Also be sure to check our other courses here.